Room for another small one??
Here it is, my first ever blog post. Hope you enjoy reading!
10 reasons I think I’m a great mum…
- Behaviour and discipline.
- I keep a beautiful and tidy home (please excuse the vile 1940’s housewife lingo).
- Cooking healthy, home cooked meals from scratch every night (not that they always get eaten).
- LOVE – I love those little sh*ts so much it’s overwhelming. A friend once asked me what it felt like to have kids and I could only describe it as “Like the love you felt for your favourite ever pet mixed with the all consuming love you felt for your very first love, times a million”.
- I shower them with positive praise, compliments, hugs and kisses all the time.
- Lots of arts and crafts! Hobbycraft be my church! Praise be to the HC loyalty card! AMEN!!
- I selflessly ferry them round to lots of parties, clubs, activities and fun days out.
- They’re always well turned out. I mean I never buy any clothes for myself these days but they always look the shizzle.
- I’m pretty well organised… most of the time.
- I’m a fun mum (except when I’m hungry or tired or suffering from PMT… which is quite often…hmm?) who loves to play, dance and be silly.
10 reasons I think I’m a sh*t mum…
- I sometimes get so bored I want to stick my head in the oven and scream.
- I’m not always a good listener. My brain is so busy I do tend to be thinking of something else… a lot.
- PMT… worst mother ever for about 4 days every month. I go from being a patient, calm, nice mum to a shouty, grumpy, horrible one who just wants to PUNCH THEM ALL IN THE FACE!!!!!!!
- Hangovers. Ok so they don’t happen that often, however, I have been know to not be able to do the school run because I’ve been too hung over. ***hangs head in utter shame***
- I’m usually quite organised but when I do f*ck up it is usually monumental. Turning up to school on staff training days is usually the curve ball that hits me right in the fanny.
- Too much Netflix… yup the screen nanny has been known to hold the fort for a good few hours. Just love the way it keeps on playing.
- I HATE soft play and kids parties and especially kid’s parties at soft play… AAAARGH!!
- I can be selfish.
- I can be forgetful which does cause sh*t mum scenarios, can’t remember what they are right now? ***cymbal crash***
- I sometimes get them to bed too late but by this time I’m usually running on empty. When I’m weak and bedraggled those little d*ck heads can run rings around me to the point I feel like booking a one way ticket to a yoga retreat in Goa…not that I’ve Googled it or anything.
So what about you guys? What makes you a great or a sh*t mum?